In this article we will explain how to include and propagate Facebook Comments code throughout all post type pages of your website with Goo Include Me plugin.
description: “The comments plugin lets people comment on content on your site using their Facebook account. People can choose to share their comment activity with their friends (and friends of their friends) on Facebook as well. The comments plugin also includes built-in moderation tools and social relevance ranking.“
Prerequisites: Facebook account, Facebook App key
Follow instructions at the Facebook Developer page to get valid code
Once you are done with setting up in “Facebook Comments Configurator”, you’ll get two pieces of the code. First one loads Facebook SDK, and second trigger “comments” plugin itself. We need them both to run plugin properly.
We’ll create two rules under “Arbitrary HTML” tab.
Step #1 – Facebook SDK
- Caption – facebook_sdk (or similar)
- Code – (copy/paste Facebook SDK code here)
- Include into – singular(post) (or create any inclusion rule you wish)
- Placement – Footer
Step #2 – Comments container, or where do you want comments to appear
- Caption – facebook_comments (or similar)
- Code – (copy/paste “Comments” container code here)
- Include into – singular(post) (same as from step 1)
- Placement – Content-End
Visit some of your posts and start commenting:
Plugin settings screen should look like this:
oO, just scroll down 😀